Thread: Level With Me
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2020, 10:53 AM   #25
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADQ K9 View Post
Here is a another question to throw in for tandem/ tripple axles
What about independent suspension? I don't think the axles are linked together and this is coming out as an option on some trailers now. To me it seems like it would be really critical to be level with independent supension.
Also if brakes were adjusted equally and the weight is rear biased the front axle of the trailer would lock up before the rear. The opposite would happen if the weight was front biased
I think you're trying to put too may "similar because they look the same" concepts into one "generalized bucket"....

It's like comparing diesel engines to electric cars. Both have brakes, but the braking action/mechanisms are entirely different. You can't say, "because they both make the vehicle stop, they work the same".... Neither can you "generalize independent suspension systems have 4 or 6 wheels, therefore the weight characteristics must be similar and since that's similar, then the braking action must be the same, and since the independent torsion bar suspension doesn't use an equalizer, therefore equalizers are no longer needed in trailer applications......

It's sort of like saying that since jet aircraft don't have propellers, they can't provide forward movement, so jets can't fly. What "is true about one concept" doesn't mean it also must be true about all concepts"....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote