View Single Post
Old 03-23-2020, 04:05 AM   #2
Mikendebbie

rear wall

Since your unit has a "rear wall" rather than a "rear cap" - my question is how do they attach walls to the frame and to each other at the corners? - because your connections have obviously failed or have come loose.

I have watched several factory tour videos of the Montana factory in Goshen, IN, and I do not remember ever seeing a close-up of exactly how the walls are anchored. They show several shots of the walls being moved into place on the frame with an overhead crane. I assume that maybe they build the laminated wall units and provide some number of "leave-outs" at the base and along the corners for intersections to be bolted together. I don't know if they use self-tapping screws or if they use bolts, nuts and washers. The walls are not "built in place" like the walls in your S&B. They are built in a separate area of the factory then moved to a different location for assembly onto the frame. Maybe someone on this forum can help you find the anchor points. If you posted the question to the Montana Owners Forum , lots of those folks have been on the factory tour and maybe someone there could advise you how the walls are anchored and what to do next.
In the sticks near Austin TX
Aussie Gus+Texas Heeler Jimmy
Mikendebbie is offline   Reply With Quote