View Single Post
Old 03-21-2020, 08:21 AM   #5
Larrylane

I had many issues on my 2016 Cougar 5th wheel and first replaced all the connectors and wall plates to match the RG6 coax. Even with the powered antenna off or on it still didn't work consistently.

My television is above the fireplace in the kitchen slide and after pulling the fireplace I discovered that when they drilled a 1" hole in the interior slide wall for the fireplace power cable they nicked the coax cable on the Sat side coax. I eventually pulled new cable from the television coming out the bottom of the slide about 6" and attached a barrel splice so that my new Sat connection is at that point. All new connectors should be approved for RG6 coax cable.

A side benefit is that I reduced the total length of coax by 25' from portable Sat dish to my Dish Network Wally receiver through the RV which gave me that 25' extra length to increase the total distance away from RV to get past trees and the dish still works great.

It's not as difficult as it sounds, but you do need to apply new sealant where you exit the bottom of the slide.
Larrylane is offline   Reply With Quote