View Single Post
Old 05-20-2015, 07:08 PM   #26
hdrolling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamops View Post
When I bought my 2500HD D/A (LBZ), I figured that the engineers at GM had designed the DMax to give the performance that I paid for and I get it. It was an expensive option, so why should I try to outsmart the GM engineers and add a "tuner" and possibly jeopardize the engine for a few more horsepower and lb-ft of torque.
Simple, because most cars trucks and motorcycles sold today normally have to meet EPA standards and are tuned down at the factory. A simple tuner can be used for many other reason besides adding a tune that usually produces better fuel mileage as well as adding HP and TQ. Most let you check and clear codes, reset the transmission to relearn, change the tire size the get the correct speed and odometer reading if you use other than stock size wheels. And that's the base lever tuners, the high end tuners with custom maps that you request are night and day difference from stock.

Modding a vehicle to perform better than stock is not for everyone, some people are okay with good enough.

Retired Army, 22yrs
hdrolling is offline   Reply With Quote