Thread: Hotwater heater
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2022, 04:13 AM   #21
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRops View Post
Is this possibly why my water heater leaks once I turn it on? I have to shut it off to avoid the constant hot water running down the side of the coach. Keystone says "that's normal". I have a nasty mess in the water heater compartment now after the dealer replaced several relief valves and a thermostat. I bought the coach new in May 2021 and it started this less than two months after I had it. That was also around the time I started living in it full time.
Is what possible? The katsup, the cone washers, the air pocket, or something else? Where is it leaking? The WH shouldn't have katshup or cone washers but it should have a pocket of air to allow for expansion. If the dealer replaced the relief valve and the thermostate then it sounds like they suspect it's overheating causing the pressure relief valve to opem.

Couple of questions. Do you have a good, quality water regulator and a good water filter on the supply hose? When you connected your water water did you release the air from the WH tank by opening the pressure relif valve? Last question, you said you have a "mess" from the leak. Is that "mess" just water or is there gray and wjire, or rust colored depsosits with the water?
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote