View Single Post
Old 01-30-2022, 04:14 PM   #24
tomd

My experience so much similar...
I tried CW #2 200 miles away since CW #1 near my house was so bad. I went in person while on a trip to the distant store; Nicest people; ordered parts and scheduled installation 3 months later when I was planning to return to area.
One week prior to my appt. (~11 weeks later), I called and confirmed installation appointment and was told "parts s/b there". Left on 200 mile trip that day and one week later, as planned, showed up. NO PARTS. Turns out order was placed day I called to confirm. Shipment did not make it whole week I was in the area.
So.... I say ship to store near my house. OK, but got to pay more $$$$ to ship it. So I cancelled, got refund nobody ever found the parts or called me again.

Started all over w/ store CW #1. Eventually got it done using 'rush' etc wording; Learned to call "EVERY DAY" until parts ordered and confirmed delivery and installation times. And yes, not new order was not same as original price (sale didn't apply for some reason on new order.)

My take: the 'store' 'parts' and 'labor shop' are different organizations, and each + other stores don't cooperate.
Examples: The shop would not use an item in stock in store, parts purchased don't have labor. Scheduling labor doesn't mean they have the parts ordered etc. It's like 3 companies! All were nice and cooperative, but unable to deliver.
Now I need a J skirt repair too; beginning another round of same deal.