View Single Post
Old 01-30-2022, 12:51 PM   #23
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hballer21 View Post
Unfortunately, I learned MY LESSON at Explore USA in Lewisville, Texas. Same deal. Promise something. This is the total price. When it’s done, Oh, well that was parts only. We didn’t know how long it would take to fix it. We put that in at the end.

I think the motor vehicle repair laws have an issue with this. However, you’d be tying up your rig for however long until this was resolved.

Zip ahead. The moron in the motor home next to my trailer, cannot back up. WITH HIS WIFE GUIDING HIM, he crushes our skirting, much like yours. I take it to CW. They’re pretty much the only boys around within an hour of Waynesville, NC.

Bottom line: We can fix it. It’s gonna take 2-3 months. Oh, and it’s going to cost “about $3000-$3500”. WTF? “About”?

I went to a local body shop. Please fix this. Ok. It’ll be the part, plus $500 labor. Ok. So he calls Keystone for the part. Sorry, only authorized retailers can order parts from us. Guess who is the ONLY one around? Camping World. Bottom line, We paid their price for the part ($1000). The body shop had it done in less than a week.

Shop local.

I feel your pain, and hindsight seems to always be 20/20.... So, this is a comment, not a recommendation....

If the plastic fender skirt is what was damaged, they're available from a number of "non-dealer sites" and the average cost is somewhere around $60-100. J-wrap, the aluminum lower skirting is available in multiple colors or can be painted to match the existing trailer color if the OEM color is not available. Usually, a 168" section of 17 or 19" J-wrap is around $200.... That's a 14' piece of metal. Shipping is almost always more expensive than the actual part, but sometimes a dealer will have some that's left over from another job or can get it from their "contract supplier" who has a delivery truck that makes deliveries to the dealer on a scheduled basis. Our local dealer has a contract with a company out of Elkhart and gets deliveries every Thursday morning... Shipping from that supplier is included in the price with no "extra charges"...

Paying $1000 for a plastic fender skirt or a 10-14 foot section of J-wrap sure seems like "highway robbery"... A dealer doing that would not find another of my shadows darkening their doorway.....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote