View Single Post
Old 01-25-2022, 12:03 PM   #43
Bustinbeards

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
Ahhh, but George the satisfaction comes from knowing you're helping someone learn a new trade, sort of funding their ongoing education. Hard to beat....right?
I have always believed nobody cares more about your stuff more than you!

I am very particular about the details and In most repairs attention to the details are often lacking. high quality work is hard to find these days, Especially at a reasonable cost. I simply could not afford to pay anyone else to do these repairs especially an hourly rate at a Dealership.

When I was young and for most of my life we just didn’t have extra $ to pay for a lot of things. You learned to take care of your stuff and if it broke you repaired it. If you couldn’t repair it you were just going without.

I don’t like paying for sub par work and repairs that I know I could do a better job on! If I can find the proper venue to research and gain knowledge on the subject at hand and feel as if I am capable of doing the job, I’ll do it myself.

Then again, in these situations you have to be honest with yourself about your skill set otherwise you end up with an even bigger and torn up mess.
Bustinbeards is offline   Reply With Quote