View Single Post
Old 01-23-2022, 11:53 AM   #8
Expedition Espinoza

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
Set the fan switch to "auto" rather than "high/low".
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
Thinking out loud for a second: The current fan control does not provide for a fan "auto function"... Installing a wall thermostat will not alter the overhead fan control, so the fan will operate just like it does now, even if you could wire it to work with a wall thermostat.

You could possibly buy a ducted ceiling shroud, pull the control box (guts) of out that and install it on your current air conditioner, then pull the controls (guts) out of the current ceiling shroud and have a "highly modified ceiling unit"...

Would it work? In theory yes, from a control point of view, but I don't know if the "ducted guts will fit" and the "non-ducted shroud" reinstall over them.

This is. IMO, one to contact Coleman's customer service and ask for an opinion...

All that said, this is, I believe, a second A/C unit ?? Is the main A/C unit a ducted unit? If so, it may be simpler and significantly less expensive, to just turn off the second unit when sleeping and let the main unit provide cool air to the entire trailer. Usually, it's cooler at night and when using the bedroom to sleep, if you don't need the second unit, just turn it off. During the day, just "endure the fan" ....
Thank you for your advice. Sounds like I will be reaching out to coleman to see if they have any options. This is a second unit and we do use the main unit during the night. My wife likes it to be an ice box when she sleeps and the main unit doesnt keep up with her needs.
Expedition Espinoza is offline   Reply With Quote