View Single Post
Old 01-08-2022, 10:33 AM   #8
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
The "professor" calling for the end of fossil fuels, is likely sitting behind a wood desk, sawn, milled, finished, painted with tools powered by and built from fossil fuels. He's likely wearing synthetic blend clothing, blended from fossil fuels, sewn in a "sweat shop" in Honduras or China by "slave labor", delivered to the US on a boat fueled by fossil fuels, shipped to his store in a truck fueled with fossil energy, stocked on the shelves in a store lighted by fossil fuels and when he buys it, his payment by credit card is "powered by electricity" that is likely supplied by fossil fuel.....

So, even though he's "totally against continued use of fossil fuels" changes are very good, the only way his "article against oil" ever reached anyone to read, was because of oil that was used to supply the energy so he could protest oil....

Likely a "Dr, Seuss dichotomy"... you know, the "push me/pull you" we read about in nursery school or on Mom's lap....

It would be really nice if he actually took stock of his own life before calling for it to end when his demands are met..... If he gets his way, with our current capacity to produce energy with wind and solar, we'll be living in caves, burning wood to keep from freezing.... Wood is much "dirtier to heat with" than oil/natural gas, so "doing it his way" will likely mean a faster dive into climate change...... Oh, the "educated" <sigh>

^^^The ignorance (and arrogance) of the "educated". I was once having a discussion with my ex SIL (as of 2 days ago). Now this guy went to school until he was like 35, got various kinds of degrees and a PHD. He married my daughter (much younger) and as time went on I wondered what he used for "common sense". One day we were discussing his thinking and why he thought/did some of the things he did; his answer? I wouldn't understand ....it was "academia"! ACADEMIA??? What does that have to do with putting a phillips screw in with a hammer, a square peg in a round hole OR eliminating the only viable energy source on the planet? Due to ignorance because of too much education or ideology?? I'll take common sense over academia or ideology any day, and twice on the weekend.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote