View Single Post
Old 04-21-2021, 02:02 AM   #34
flybouy
Site Team

I'm a belt and suspender kind a guy myself. On my 35 1/2' trailer there's an outdoor kitchen. The sink back there is at floor level so not much vertical pressure to gravity feed and it's a long way from the low point drains. I drain it, then blow the lines out with air (easy for me as I have compressor & tank in truck bed), Then I run antifreeze thru the fresh water pump until it runs undiluted from every valve.

Why? Well cost and time is minimal. Afterward I KNOW the fresh water pump is protected and I KNOW all of the system is protected. I KNOW that I've done everything possible to protect the system. A lot of people do things because they "never had an issue" or because they "have always done it that way". I personally don't beleive in that methodology. I've seen folks who make those statments because in "x years I've never had a problem" and that may work or that ma not be a problem until that one time that it doesn't.

Everyone has a choice and I choose to do it this was because it gives maximum protection. Yes I may waste ejough money to buy a 12 pack of beer but if I need the money that bad I'll sell the camper. Do your thing, it's akk good.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote