Thread: Hispec tires
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2022, 06:03 AM   #71
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckS View Post
Since posting various images of Hispec blowouts there have been four more Alpine owners with Hispec blowouts.. most of them are tread separations with rapid loss of pressure and lots of damage..

Thise that wish to roll the dice trip after trip and keep running a tire that has a clear track record of issues I wish them well..

Yes.. every tire brand has issues from time to time .. Bit when I see one brand .. Hispec with repeated blowouts on the same brand RV that’s enough for me to change the tires to something with a better track record

As stated. All 2014 Alpines came with TK tires.. I replaced mine after towing it home from dealer. All 2015 Alpines came with Provider 14 ply tire., it has a great track record with NO blowouts or tread separations that I’ve ever seen reported

Then Keystone Alpine decided to switch to the Hispec tire with its HYPED gimmick nitrogen filled tires.
Blowout after blowout after blowout. And it ain’t the Nitrogen… which is a useless hype in the RV market
At the beginning of this year I bought new Michilen tires from Costco. The manager proudly stated that they were "filled with nitrogen". I asked him if they would adjust the rear tire pressure every time I hitched and unhitched my trailer. Now while they were installing the tires I had struck up a conversation with the manager and he knew I was "one of those" customers, part cynical and mostly jovial. His reply was "bring it in as often as you want and we will fill it the mfg recommend pressure". He thought he had me.

I asked him, " so these tires are 100% nitrogen filled?" He proudly responded "Yes sir!". I looked concerned and asked him why he decieved me and falsely advertised this". He looked very concerned. I asked him what did they do with the air in the tire BEFORE they added the nitrogen. Could he tell me WHAT percent of nitrogen the contents inside were as clearly it wasn't 100 %. He started to stammer and fret thinking I was serious. I smiled and told him I was joking and thought the nitrogen stick was a joke as well. He relaxed and laughed and said that I gave him something to think about.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote