View Single Post
Old 03-10-2021, 07:18 AM   #4
dutchmensport

If you are towing with 2 different vehicles, ideally, you should have a hitch for each vehicle, set for that vehicle. With either vehicle, the trailer should sit level and the tow vehicle should sit level. The hitch height, the angle of the ball, and the amount of tension on the weight distribution arms will be different for both vehicles. If you switch tow vehicles often, this is really the least frustrating solution.

I have 2 trucks. Only one can tow my fifth wheel. But both can tow my utility trailer. One truck sits high, the other sits low. I have 2 different hitches, specific for each truck that will result in the utility trailer sitting level. (and actually, a third hitch the fit the same trailer from our previous truck that did not work with either truck we currently have). Trying to adjust hitches between two vehicles is a real pain. It's much easier to just get multiple hitches and set-up's. Otherwise, use one vehicle only as your tow vehicle so you don't have to readjust the hitch every time you switch it to a different vehicle.