View Single Post
Old 01-05-2020, 08:53 AM   #21
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanJK View Post
Sourdough, that’s definitely food for thought. I am thinking I’ll have a new truck for 10 or so years. After that I will think about a new trailer (I’ll let the desire for a new truck drive my trailer buying choices). I appreciate the input-I am hoping the newer 3/4 tons are designed to be a bit more comfortable than in the past.
They are more comfortable than in the past. Also, the new model 3/4 ton trucks have GVW's that "break the 10,000 pound ceiling". The new GM 3/4 ton models can have GVW's that are nearly 1000 pounds more than the previous 1 ton models. New 3/4 ton GVW's in the 12,200 range with the 2018 1 ton truck GVW's in the 11,400 range.

So, right now, there's some significant changes from all 3 major truck manufacturers with regards to "conventional thinking" when it comes to GVW ranges. What the end result will be in a year is anybody's guess, so pay close attention to what numbers you see for GVW/payload as you shop.

You may find a 2019 3/4 ton at a significant reduction from sticker, only to find that it has a 2100 pound payload while the 2020 model is much more "functional for heavy loads" with a payload in the 3500-4000 pound range...

Make sure you're comparing apples to apples as not all models have the "significant payload advantage"....

You can, from what I've seen, buy a 3/4 ton "new model" with more capacity than a "last year model" 1 ton truck even if both are "equipped with the same options".... Shop wisely !!!!!

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote