View Single Post
Old 06-18-2020, 08:03 AM   #16
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muskateer10 View Post
Final update: I replaced the water pump on the RV on Tuesday, After using the system for 24 hours I did not see any leaks and the fresh water tank no longer fills with water (when connected to city water). Replacing it was a pain. There was no access from inside the RV that I could find. I had to go through the cargo bay. I had everything I could do to reach the far-screws but got it done. I would hope in the future, they place the water pump (and other items subject to failure) in a more "accessible" area. The panel that encloses the water pump could also be improved. Having to remove those 3 screws every time you need to winterize seems problematic. Quarter turn knobs would seem like a better option IMO.
I wouldn't hold my breath waiting on the factory to make it more accessible. I'm guessing it was easy when it was installed on the assembly line before the interior was placed in it.

It's the same in the auto industry. On my truck (and many others) replacing the turbo charger and other engine components require the body be removed from the frame. Look up replacing the heater core in most any vehicle made over the last 20-30 years and you will find out the entire dashboard has to be removed and the air conditioning system discharged and the evaporator coil removed. It was real easy coming the down the assembly line but not so much after that.

The last time I had a heater core replaced was on our Dodge Durango. The heater core cost about $150, the labor was about $1,200.. that was about 15 years ago.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote