View Single Post
Old 06-14-2020, 08:31 PM   #12
Muskateer10

Yes, I did not have a pressure reducer installed at first. Then I found out the campground operates at 65 PSI (at the pump station). They have to do this to maintain "useable pressure" throughout the campground. However, my site should be at about 25-30 PSI "by observation." But, I can see if nobody is using any water then it seems logical that everybody's pressure should be at the 65PSI. IMO - I am guessing of course. One other detail is nobody else in the RV park has had any similar problems.
I did install the pressure regulator that came in the kit, as soon as I became aware of the pump pressure. The RV shop did not think this was a pressure related problem, however.
I have also read about the plastic shaving causing problems. I wasn't sure if that applied being as I have never filled or put any water into the fresh water tank (fresh water tank registered empty when I plugged into the RV park water supply). In fact I wasn't even aware there was a possibility of the fresh water tank filling- I thought these were to separate and distinct systems. So I was surprised when the RV dealer asked me to check the fill status. Surprise, surprise. LoL
After seeing the water system schematic I now see how it can happen.

I am curious as to what this inlet screen is you are referring too? There is a screen where I connect the water hose if that is what you mean.
My RV is set up where there is only storage under the foot of the bed frame. It does not extend the length of the queen bed. So, I will check the night stand area for access.
***If there is shavings in the diaphragm did that damage the pump or can I open it up and take the shavings out (if they exist?) and everything will be fine???
Muskateer10 is offline   Reply With Quote