View Single Post
Old 11-22-2020, 07:00 PM   #14
Bandit12

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
It doesn't look like you checked the shore power cord during your checks... The recall, as I understand it, was initiated because when the trailer is NOT on shore power AND the inverter is powered ON, some trailers are wired so the shore power cord is energized by the inverter. Anyone who touches the pins on the unplugged shore power cord or lifts the hatch and touches the pins where the shore power cord attaches to the trailer could get electrocuted. Apparently, all of the inside plugs work as designed, the transfer switch in the inverter works as designed, but because of a miswiring mistake, power is applied to the shore power cord, energizing it and creating a hazard to anyone who might touch the connector or the pins at the shore power connection on the trailer or, if the cord is connected to the trailer, could "backfeed power through the cord" making the male connector "hot"...
You are correct, I did not check the shore power cord. However, I read the recall notice and as I read it, Keystone wants me to check and see if I have power at specific outlets with shore power off and the inverter powered on. As I accomplished that check, it was apparent the inverter is wired correctly and is powering the coach properly. None of the electrical appliances received power from the inverter. If those DID receive power I would concerned about the male end of the plug being energized from the inverter. I still intend to contact the dealer and see what they say.
Bandit12 is offline   Reply With Quote