Thread: New TV
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2020, 01:13 PM   #56
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatoneguy View Post
These are not one of halliburton modified trucks, they are ordered with a gvwr under 10k while general public versions are rated around 13k.... And I assure you, one individual, if you had him reported, was not following the procedures we have in place. I have more than just oilfield towing and hot shotting, I've been pulling trailers, including RVs most of my adult life. Towing is towing, period, disagree if you want. The door tags are great guidelines to follow, especially when in doubt, but I fear someone will take that door tag and attempt to max it out or exceed it 'just a little' because the weight tags said it was fine.

When in doubt always go by the lesser numbers but this is derailing my thread where my entire reason for posting wasn't to discuss weights, Again I was more interested in opinions on a 6.4 Ram for towing in general i just attempted humor because I knew id be inundated with questions about weights based on the other threads.

In short I appreciate your comments, because it opens the dialogue, Im not trying to argue and beat dead horses though.

Not attempting to derail your thread. I applaud your truck upgrade and hope it provides the capacity you need. Hope you get to use it soon but if you are living in that TT then it may be a while. Hopefully you can get things lined out and your towing situation set up.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote