View Single Post
Old 03-06-2015, 09:28 AM   #9
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuka View Post
Ok, thanks! I will check the propane supply too. The range burners are still lighting, but maybe I am low on propane and that is causing the HW heater reset to come on...

Update: upon opening the WH cover, there was a small flame in the initial burner orifice, I guess that was keeping the burner from lighting. It soon went out and the burner came on, and the red Reset light went out. So I guess that's what the reset light does, indicates there is something wrong that means the HW burner is not lit.

Do these campers burn propane or butanePROPANE? When I refill the bottle, I assume propane?CORRECT

And I did see the small black rocker switch you mentioned, it had a small metal pin in it keeping it in the OFF position. Wonder why it needs a pin...?Some rigs have two switches for the electric side: one outside on the actual tank and another switch inside. On my Raptor only have the one on the tank and I use the breaker inside to turn it on and off. NOTE that pin is used to ensure nobody accidently turns on that switch when there is no water in the tank. Before I drain that HWT I shut off the switch on the tank and pin it

Man, there's so much to learn about how these thngs are designed and how they operate!
My comments are included above in red
Reese 20K; Carlisle Radial Trail RH/HD; TPMS (12 Tires)

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
PARAPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote