View Single Post
Old 09-02-2014, 05:58 AM   #8
Scttw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wado66 View Post
My Springdale sits on a site all season. The black water tank has hard plumbing going into their sewer.
What I typically do is:
Go up to our camper and stay the weekend with the black water gate valve closed.
When I leave at the end of the weekend I open the valve, let it drain, fill it up, and let it drain again. Close the valve fill about 1 1/2 gallons of water and pour the blue stuff in the tank.
When I come back the next weekend it smells from the black water tank.
I even bought one of those wands to stick down there to flush out the tank.
Is there is some step I am missing? Does anyone else have this issue?
And more importantly, does anyone have a resolution?
Thanks for the input.

It really is a good idea to leave the chemicals in for longer than just the weekend - they are meant to do a job and they take time to do it. I suggest draining when you arrive - add chems and leave it closed till you arrive next - unless of course it fills faster than that and you have to drain mid-weekend. But still leave it closed when you leave with chems in.

One other consideration .... On my last trailer I had to also keep my Grey closed because it would suck up smells from the joint output system and stink up the trailer. I don't think the traps where sufficient. It's an option to look at. Try closing your grey and see if the problem disappears.
Scttw is offline   Reply With Quote