View Single Post
Old 05-16-2012, 09:09 PM   #3
Maxzd

Quote:
Originally Posted by matstam13 View Post
Does anyone have experience with the winegard carryout or vueqube satellite dishes? they seem to get great reviews but none of them ever mention how they perform in the rain or if your in an area with snow. thought getting one of these would be easier than messing with the round dish and the satellite finder.
I have a winegard portable dish (suitcase) and also a fixed winegard 12" Dome on my 5th wheel roof. I bought the portable dish first, then bought the dome and installed it. My father in-law had a VuCube, and he just upgraded to the winegard carryout which he created a mount on his ladder.

When I have no line-of-sight problems one switch and my winegard dome is searching for satellite and locks on. Awesome for the quick overnight stays where setting up a dish is just not realistic.

Snowing and Raining I have seen all three solutions work fine. I would imagine you would have to clean snow build up off it will eventually block the signal.

No question, setting up a dish portable isn't fun. I've had times where I get signal within minutes, and other times I've had to walk away come back later or I'll smash the thing. It's so precise and so sensitive. The dome's are expense but self seeking is almost instant, and you can move it around the campsite if you have line-of-sight problems. I kept my portable dish for the odd issue but I try to avoid it not fun!

Good luck with the decision.

2003 Dodge Ram 3500
5.9L Cummins Diesel
2011 Cougar 325 SRX
Maxzd is offline   Reply With Quote