View Single Post
Old 07-31-2020, 07:05 AM   #2
flybouy
Site Team

Welcome and congrats. You "I hope my Nissan Armada is up to the task.". Look at the sticker on the driver's side door post that's yellow and white. It will state "weight odf all cargo and passangers cannot exceed xxxx lbs.) That "xxx" number is your load capacity, or how much weight your tuck is able to support. That number is the maximum number the day that truck came off the assembly line line and DOES NOT include anything that the dealer, you or anyone else has placed in the truck such as floor mats, bed liners, bed covers, seat covers, side steps, off road lights, tools and tool boxes,bull or light bars, and anything else in that truck cab or bed that wasn't there when it was at the factory.

The trailer from what I can find (https://www.nadaguides.com/RVs/2013/.../6023988/Specs) has a GVW of 7,800 lbs. Typical TW (tongue weight) it 13% of GVW so 7,800 X .13 = 1,014 lbs. A good weight distributing hitch is around 125 lbs. added to the TW. So 1,014 + 125 = 1,139 lbs. that comes of the truck's load capacity so xxx - 1,139 = ???? lbs. That remaining number is what's left of your truck's carrying capacity or load capacity for people, pets, and anything else you put in the bed of the truck like a cooler with drinks, firewood, etc.

I seriously doubt that your Nissan is going to be "up to the task" is you look at your truck's sticker on the door jamb and ar honest with yourself. That's just the weight aspect. The other consideration is strapping a 29' trailer that is basically a huge box that acts like a large sail behind a light truck. The outcome will be sway which may not be controllable. If you want to know what weight you actually have then take it to a CAT scale and for less that $20 you will know for certian.
flybouy is online now   Reply With Quote