Thread: Kitchen Fan
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2020, 05:35 PM   #18
MrRobalo

I have a Bullet 220RBI and had a roof vent in kitchen without a fan and added one. I looked around and found no power wires. Having been in the boat building industry I knew that there might be a way to snake power from between the headliner and roof. Just sat there looking around and then I thought the stereo in the entertainment center is 12 volt. So I just used a snake and ran it towards the unit. Inside the side of the entertainment opening Was hollow and just moved the snake around until I saw a stereo wire move coming out of the hollow jam. Used a coat hanger that I put a hook onto the end and grabbed the wire and pulled the wire down to a area I could splice into . Turned off the battery switch I put in at the batteries and Spliced into the stereo power then heat shrank them. Connected it to the new fan and reassembled the trim parts. If you have a little help it can be done relatively quick. Just make sure you heat shrink the wires with the type that has glue inside that way if chafed it won’t short out. Just my $ .02 worth.