View Single Post
Old 06-16-2023, 04:14 PM   #17
b1pig

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNCLESLIM View Post
After disassembly, power wash cleaning and reassembly, after using for a short weekend it smelled again. Replaced the entire toilet with a Thetford. No more smell The Dometic , in my opinion, has a design defect. There is a seal between the inner and outer shell that leaks liquid from the bowl to between the two shells. With an endoscopic camera inserted in the rear opening you can clearly see the "stuff" in an area that cannot be cleaned without disassembly. I would not buy another Dometic toilet.
You're dead on with what I found.
We just bought a used 2020 239ML. It had no stinky odors in it when we got it, nor the whole week that the dealer held on to it for us before we brought it home. First trip, it was stinky the second day at the camp site. I watched a few videos of others' experience with the Dometic 300 on youtube. Checked with my borescope camera and there was yucky inside the outer tank. Thing is with ours, after you flushed it and let it stand for a minute, you could see the yuck leaking back INTO the bowl.

I removed it, disassembled it, cleaned it out and used a healthy amount of quality flexible white silicone bathroom sealant above and below the seal that "seals" the bowl and outer body. We just did a three night trip and had zero issues with odor or leaking yucky junk.

Added link to video that is exactly what I did.... skip to like 6:30 in the video to get past all of the usual video monologue.
b1pig is offline   Reply With Quote