Thread: Battery life
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2020, 08:04 AM   #11
Ken / Claudia

Some on here talk highly about them. I have had a pair since 07-19, they did work better then any 2 12v batteries that I have used on a 9 day dry camp.
I paid less for them than the last 2 12v batteries.
Several things to consider that you may or may not be doing. They need to be checked for water level and topped off. I try to check them every 2 months.
I got LEDs in all inside trailer lights that will help. Look up your refer and see if you have a heated door. I do and that takes power, I disconnect that when dry camping. You can look that up on past posts.
I monitor the volts with only a LED readout plugged into the 12v socket. Even with new 12v batteries that would be at or below 12v after spending a day hunting. The 2 6v this year never where below about 12.4 as I recall.
My genny is a yama 2000 and real quiet. I ran it every night, inside the trailer the furnace is louder than the genny. I let it run all night for 2 reasons. I am just plain wore out after all day hiking and hunting and am to lazy to get up and shut it off. Also, I now have a handheld GPS, 4 radios and 4 cell phones that need charged. If the day time temps will be at freezing I leave the furnace on at 60, other wise it gets turned off. Everything else but the refer is normally double checked to be off before leaving.
This is your 1st full size TT and even though you think your power use is normal, it's really possible its not.
As of 05-2020, I am all done with 39 years total police work. No more uniforms for me.
Ken / Claudia is offline   Reply With Quote