Thread: Suburban SF-30
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2020, 10:30 PM   #17
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
John, reading this again brought up an old memory that made me laugh.
40 years ago when DW and got married we moved into our first abode. Our neighbor was retired from a nearby military base after 20 years of pumping gas. His lack of basic knowledge was astounding. He cut grass in the neighborhood for money. Now this guy was constantly bugging me to help him fix everything from his lawnmower and trimmer to his cars. Wanting to help and be a good neighbor I obliged. So a year of this goes by and I ask him if he could cut the grass 1 time while we went on vacation and thought gee, all the times I did a favor no problem right?

So we return and I go over and thank him and out of politeness asked how much did I owe him. He said his "normal" price so I paid him and walked away without comment. Two days later he knocks on the door asking for help as he can't get his mower to start. I told him I'd be happy to help.

I walked outside, pulled the spark plug wire off the plug and told him wrap his hand around it. Then I told him to place his other hand on the metal cage on top of the motor. And you guessed it, I pulled that string with all my might. When he finally stopped screaming and jumping I said "looks like you got good spark, must be a problem with gas".

He never asked me to fix another thing for the 10 years we lived there.

And there I was, thinking I was "that" guy!
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote