View Single Post
Old 07-09-2019, 10:47 AM   #15
jimborokz

We snowbird from NY to North GA for the winter. We usually try to leave in Oct or Nov so I don't winterize. If the forecast is for freezing I just blow out the water lines. We leave with about 1/3 tank of fresh water for rest stops along the road and if it's cold I will run the furnace while driving. The temps in N. GA will drop sometimes below freezing and I have seen single digits so we use a heated water hose. I also keep a 100lb. Propane tank at the winter site. We have a 3731FL with 4 seasons package and double pane windows and we have no problems with cold weather. I put a remote thermometer in the basement behind the service panel and the temp there usually runs 60-65. We run the fireplace constantly and that still lets the furnace run enough to keep the basement warm. In the spring we wait till May to head home so there is no freezing issues to deal with. Been doing this for six years successfully. I did get a freeze in the bathroom the first year in SOB in PA when we came home early in March and I forgot to fire up the furnace but nothing since.
jimborokz is offline   Reply With Quote