View Single Post
Old 10-27-2018, 05:08 PM   #1
MarzigCampers

Water pump issue on 2012 Sprinter 255rks

2012 Keystone Sprinter 255RKS

Hey all, new member here and looking to learn from some of you experts. Thanks in advance!!

My wife and I just bought a keystone sprinter and used it this season for the first time. The water pump has been giving us some problems though. Originally it worked as designed but then it started to stay on after the water pressure was reached. It goes into a low hum like it’s still trying to push water. If I tap the toilet flusher tho, it stops. It does not seem to be a leak bc I can get it to stop. On the most recent trip the water pump actually stopped pumping though while we were using the sink/shower and then it would start back up on its own within 20-30 seconds. It has become very unreliable.

So, I definitely think it is a faulty water pump. Maybe the internal pressure sensor is messed up… maybe the prior owner got gunk or something in it. The sensor having an issue would explain most of the symptoms I am experiencing but I am no expert on these things. I plan to get in there and replace the water pump next year but does anyone know what caused this or any other solutions I should be looking at?
MarzigCampers is offline   Reply With Quote