View Single Post
Old 12-09-2020, 03:55 PM   #46
Ribtip

Quote:
Originally Posted by German Shepherd Guy View Post

So I watched the video through 4 times trying to figure out why so many were upset. I never heard the man say to ignore the weight stickers, in fact just the opposite.

Points he made.
Body: Same
Interior: Same
Frame: Same
Front end: Same Dana 60
Rear end: Same options available in 2020.

Engine options: Same
Transmission Options: Same with slightly less flexibility in the 350.
(Points out that he chose the 250 because he liked the older transmission as "tried and tested")
Springs 4 pack in the 350, 3 pack in the 250.
Coils: Slightly bigger in the 350.
He finishes by saying for some the 350 would make the best option because of the higher tow rating. AND if you wanted a dually.

For his project he planned on replacing the coils up front and the springs in the rear (never heard him say what his project was going to be) and I assume from his comments (I know it's an assumption. But listen close to what he says and I think its a better than even bet) he would have done the same even if it had been the 350 so as he said "for his purpose" the 250 and the 1000 less made the choice.

I found the video informative and did not see all the misinformation or ignoring of the weights that some saw, apparently because of his haircut and the fact he was wearing flip flops. By gosh when your young and have hair wear it anyway you damn well want, that's the advantage of being an American.

Just sayin, that if some only listened to the video and what he was saying instead of watching would the criticisms still be the same?
German very well said. I think working together with everyone's input we could come up with a good sticky. Dosen't have to happen over night. Lets all sit back think about it and come up with something together.
Ribtip is offline   Reply With Quote