Thread: Oven Operation
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2020, 08:53 PM   #36
bobbecky

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. Fortunately, I have managed, with much practice, to learn the art of lighting our oven. I have to get on my knees sideways to the oven, and with a flashlight and a butane lighter I can light the pilot light. I've learned to push the end of the lighter against the part that the gas comes out of for the pilot flame so the end of the lighter isn't wandering, and then I can push and hold the pilot knob. After what seems like 5 minutes, but is really maybe 30 seconds, I pull the lighter out and get down to look, hopefully for the little flame, and lately I have success. I does take practice, but it can be done.
Several years ago, on one of these forums, and the discussion was also about lighting the pilot flame, someone posted directions on lighting the pilot flame and it is below:

Lighting RV oven pilot light

Get a butane mini torch, easy to use, then sit back, relax, get on your knees, tilt your head till it hurts, push in the knob at the same time while holding the lighter, re-focus your bi-focals, turn on some music, this will drown out your DW asking if you have it lit yet, and after locking up your knees and your neck, drag yourself up, off the floor, readjust your glasses and head to Olive Garden for dinner and a few drinks!!!!!come back, get some rest and try again. Oh, did I mention this is the hardest thing to lite and good luck...
bobbecky is offline   Reply With Quote