Thread: Oven Operation
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2020, 12:45 PM   #31
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harried Harry View Post
George, I haven't used an oven, even in the house, to cook a turkey since 1984 when I was reassigned to Germany to work. The range & oven were too small for the 25# bird we were cooking, so I went and bought a 22" Weber kettle. Every year since I have cooked the turkey in the Weber. Comes out great and leaves the kitchen for my wife to do her stuff. BBQ turkey is great, especially if you flavor it with hickory or any fruit wood chips. If you don't want a lot of leftovers, just get a turkey breast and cook it.
Roger that on the smoker! Every Thanksgiving I'll smoke a bird, couple of racks of ribs, some pork tenderloin, and typically about 10 lbs of beef roast. I use my smoker and the nat. gas grill on the deck and some years had to use the Smoke Hollow from the trailer as well. Pack it all up in coolers and lug it to our DD house as she does the rest of the meal.

If you've never tried it I'd highly recommend the Jack Daniels wood ships. They are made from the whisky barrels and I've been hooked on them for years now.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote