View Single Post
Old 11-29-2020, 09:27 AM   #31
Tireman9

1. Yes get a TPMS as they are designed to warn of air loss, even when moving which you cannot get if you only check your tires at rest stops.
2. I bought TireTraker in '09 and used ever since with no problems.
3. I did a long term, direct comparison of TireTraker and TST internal system and published the results on my RV Tire Safety blog. I have not seen anyone else do a direct comparison of any other brands of TPMS
4. I like the Lifetime warranty

5. $200 for set of 4 including signal booster.
6. Yes you should run metal valve stems with any brand external screw on system
7. TPMS eliminates the need to get out, down on your knees to check air each morning. When I get up I turn on the TPMS, get my coffee and then check the pressure readings.
8. I suggest the low pressure warning be set to your goal morning cold inflation - 5 psi. Your High pressure warning be set to your goal pressure + 25%. The high Temp warning can be the factory 158F.
9. Carry a couple spare batteries (only a few bucks) and if you get a Lost signal warning, you can simply replace the battery at your next stop.
10 What ever you but I would not get from ebay or Amazon or big box store as they will not have any support if you ever need it.