View Single Post
Old 11-27-2020, 08:22 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxglide View Post
Hi all. Been looking at toyhaulers for my Harley but I keep seeing comments about length restrictions in State and national parks

Has anyone tried a carrier extension like the Swivelwheel from cruiser lifts?

Love idea so I can get smaller rig and no dually. Not found of driving a dually as my daily

Any other suggestions?
The selling company's website gives the impression that their "swivel wheel add-on extension platform" is legal in all 50 states.... That's not necessarily true.... While it is true that if "registered in a state where it's legal, it can be used in all 50 states" (reciprocity) it is not "legal to be registered in all 50 states". There are some states that consider it a trailer and it must be registered as such" and in some of those states, triple towing is not legal, so using it with another trailer is not permitted. So it becomes a "catch-22" in that you can buy it, register it, use it (as a single trailer) but can't add it to the back of another trailer.....

So, if considering such an "add-on device" make sure that YOUR state recognizes it as "legal for use with another trailer".... Some do, some don't.....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote