Thread: Oven Operation
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2020, 08:16 AM   #29
Getn off

Reminds me of a funny situation recently.
This is in our new Cyclone btw...
We were all loaded up and about to depart for Gatlinburg for a week. Last rig had residential fridge, but this one is a large rv one. I was worried about it thawing on the long drive so I decided to switch to gas for the journey. Haven’t lit it since pdi and I dont “play” in the kitchen. Actually banned is a better word.
No start and lots of beeps saying no gas. Crap. Checked both tanks. Full. Checked all connections and valves. Seem good. Crap.
Called Lazy Days help line. He walked me through a bunch of stuff and asks me if the other gas lines work, ie stove. I try to light it and nothing, no pilot no nothin. Crap. He tells me its the presser valve.
Well, now we have to get by with a single hot plate for a week, and a mostly thaw fridge. Almost cancel.
Then it dawns on me... when we went through pdi about 3 months before, the tech couldn't get the stove to light. Got another. Same thing. Got a delivery manager and he informs us all that you need to hold down the switch to get the pilot! Lol
I go back in and attempt a correct start and viola, it works.
Apparently had to burp the lines a bit to get the fridge to work. Worked fine and had a great trip.
Just funny that 2 delivery techs couldn't figure out how to start the stove/oven!
Troy
2018 F350 CC 6.7 PSD drw…Gone.
2021 F350 CC 6.7 PSD drw Platinum…Gone
Getn off is offline   Reply With Quote