View Single Post
Old 11-11-2020, 05:11 AM   #1
jxnbbl

New to the trailer scene

I just realized a previous attempt to posting my 'introduction' didn't stick...so second attempt. My wife and I have not been camping for 25 years and that was solely in tents. Due to covid, we promised our (adult children) that we would not fly/hotel stay to our son's "city hall wedding" in Alabama, we live in New Hampshire. Besides we always liked camping, want to introduce the grandchildren to it and although have traveled quite a bit outside the country really have not seen the good 'ol USA outside of business trips. So we created our own 'bubble' for the wedding trip with the purchase of a Keystone Bullet 273 BHS (bunkhouse - for the grandchildren).

And then subsequently upgraded our RAM 1500 ecodiesel to a Ram 2500 diesel (approx 8k->19k towing capacity change). We couldn't 'test' highway towing where we live, but the trip through the mountain notches at about 50mph seemed to indicate that it was doable in the 1500. In the end I was in the market for a new truck so made the switch.

We have returned from our 16 day, 3000 mile journey and had a blast. Can't wait for our next trip....Although the unit is winterized and tucked away for the winter.

Have already yielded valuable info from the forum and hopefully can contribute.
2023 Ram 3500 6.7L diesel, 3.73 ratio
jxnbbl is offline   Reply With Quote