View Single Post
Old 07-17-2022, 07:33 PM   #63
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badbart56 View Post
My wife and I got it in December of 2020. Both of us lost our sense of taste and smell. Mine came back slowly over the last year, hers, not so much, but it is somewhat better. Overall, it was much like a moderate case of the flu. It affected me a little worse than it did my wife. But you know how us men are, a cold is almost as painful and debilitating as childbirth is to a woman, right? We were off for two weeks so it wasn't an issue with us not working.

Many people urging us to get the vaccine afterwards. We believed our immune system would be stronger since we had already had it. Then in August of last year we got the "whatever" variant that was infecting everyone at the time. It was much like a common cold, nothing that really even slowed us down. Fortunately, as we are OTR truck drivers, we stay isolated from virtually everyone so it didn't keep us from working. Since it was so mild we thought our immune systems had helped us fight it off so we still did not get the vaccine.

A good friend of mine (my in law actually) back home went ahead and got the vaccine and followed it up with a booster shot. Eight days later he had a stroke while driving. Luckily he had one of his employees with him and he was able to get medical assistance. He had a blood clot in the brain. The man was younger than me, in great health, very active. His family is convinced the booster/vaccine was responsible. I had hoped he could overcome the effects of the stroke. He was a VERY strong willed man. If anyone could beat it I figured he could.

I spoke to another one of his employees a month ago (his son has taken over his father's two business's) and he told me they expect him to live out his last days in a nursing home.

Understand now, we deal primarily with pharmaceuticals and all things related to COVID, including the test kits. During a conversation with one of the companies we were at it was revealed that we would be hauling a load of test kits. At some point in our dialogue, we addressed the kits capability to identify COVID and were informed that the kits could identify a virus, which may be the flu, a cold, or COVID. It apparently does not differentiate.

We still believe these vaccines were rushed and we have no plans to get one. Don't get me wrong, do what you feel is best for you. But we do know that it doesn't stop the virus, nor does it prevent the spread. And there is some evidence that shows blood clots being a side affect. I'll take my chances, but YMMV.
The common cold is a Covid of some sort and the main tests used that have since been pulled couldn't differentiate between a cold and Covid-19.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote