View Single Post
Old 07-07-2013, 10:15 AM   #4
teamr6

Though we have a somewhat shorter version of your setup, Yukon XL and a nearly 30' TT, the safety and comfort in towing is what your really after. If your current setup isn't giving you those two things, I'd make a trip back to the dealer to resolve the issue with an Equalizer or similar product.

We have an Equalizer, and though my experience is limited, our TT does not sway as you described. What it does do is give me reassurance that I have one of the safest setups that I could get - a big plus when a big rig is passing you by at 75mph or on a two lane highway. I will tell you though that the Equalizer is a noisy hitch. It'll make you think something is wrong when your making a tight corner.

From a technical perspective, you could get along with your current setup by adding a second sway control, assuming the properly installed equipment meets/exceeds your towing weight limits, and take it for a test run to see how it responds. Also, keep in mind how your loading your TT and/or truck bed - this could have a big impact on the amount of sway your rig is doing.

In the end, and assuming everything is installed and loaded correctly, it doesn't sound like the set up is wrong - it sounds more like which set up is better or mediocre.
teamr6 is offline   Reply With Quote