View Single Post
Old 01-13-2021, 04:32 PM   #30
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamronL20 View Post
Ok I’m glad you all got to see and hear what is going on. I will definitely check if there’s something under the floor stopping it form going in. It’s just a pain to inspect anything because that’s my main slide that if not open I can’t even access the whole trailer. I’ll do my best tho. No there’s no water damage at all. I live in Reno NV so it barely rains or snows here.

This is seeming like it’s going to be out of my skill range, so would anyone have a rough estimate of how much this is going to cost to fix. I know that’s kind of a stupid question, but you guys are knowledgeable as **** so it’s worth a shot to ask!

Camron are you living in the trailer? Even if you are you can arrange things to move it in and out and find the noise. It sounds like the noise is "big" enough that you can pinpoint the general area to help narrow the search for the issue. For most of it you only need a flashlight and maybe a step stool.

I've heard the noise in that video many times and it's always been 2 pieces of wooden material being pressed into each other as they move causing stress between them. Could be swelling, alignment or ?? I'm thinking with that level of noise that you should be able to narrow down the spot, or close, in 5 minutes or so. As far as having it done, goes back to my original question; are you living in it or ? Don't know about Reno but shop rates in my area of TX are around $150 hr. and they go by a book similar to an auto shop manual that stipulates the number of hrs to fix xyz. Adjustment might be only $300....then figure up. Depending on what it is the cost could be thousands. And, the downside is that some of those very expensive repairs at the shop can be done by the owner at a fraction of the cost.

I know you think this might be beyond your skill set but an RV almost requires the owner to be "handy" and versed in many things or they can get to be very expensive very quickly. See if you can narrow it down a bit, there are lots of folks here that can probably walk you through anything you run into - you just have to set your mind to it, roll up the sleeves and "get your toes wet". Good luck and let us know.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote