Thread: Upgraded
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2021, 11:54 AM   #7
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesmasten09 View Post
Hello, here is a link to the excel for my RV and truck. It’s a spreadsheet I pulled off of Keep your daydream’s website. https://1drv.ms/x/s!AiOUuNz_wrPYgz7XmIIJyu7k2lw5
Where did you get the numbers that you imputed for the truck? The 1,000 lb. tongue weight that you used is not realistic as I explained in my earlier post and no where do I see a calculation that takes into account for the weight of the weight distributing hitch itself.

I think that if you used more realistic numbers that 84 lbs. of remaining payload will disappear. I know how you want to make this work and I'll bet the dealer who took your money told you that "you'll be fine" but at an 84 lbs. of remaking payload when you haven't weighed a thing other than maybe people ( if you and the DW are being honest) is getting on an unrealistic scenario as you are depending on the published unloaded tongue weight that I guarantee you'll never see.

Personally I wouldn't put my family in that rig for a trip to the local campground much less full time in it where you will not have the luxury of not going if it's a bad wind storm. There have been many of us that have lived thru this experience of buying too much trailer for the truck. You aren't the first and won't be the last. Good luck.
flybouy is online now   Reply With Quote