View Single Post
Old 12-26-2020, 10:15 AM   #108
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjasin1 View Post
Hey CW ( may I call you CW ?) I really enjoy threads like this one you started. The naval aviation one was equally enjoyable.
We’re you responsible for making training films in the military? I enjoy the narration that goes along with each set of pictures you post.
It has a calming and hypnotic pace to it
I always picture in my mind the 1950s era US travel films with the narration playing along behind the scenes
I watched that video and had laugh. Now my parents were no "June and Ward Clever" as my mother didn't own pearls and the only time my dad wore a suite was for a funeral or wedding.

My childhood recollection of long car trips was different that the video ..

1. at least one flat tire or one stop to refill the radiator (and yes, my dad did maintain the car very well).
2. The games played in the back seat were my 2 older sisters tormenting me so I'd yell and conversely get yelled at from the front seat.
3. Typically there was about the same amount of arguing going on up in the front seat as there were in the back seat.
4. The part where mamma was driving at night and get's out of the car to read the sign? Are you kidding? She wasn't getting behind the wheel as long as my father was breathing!
5. Stopping at a gas station was like a NASCAR pit stop. Everybody run to the bathroom and make it back before the old man pumped in 10 gal and he got those S & H green stamps in hand.

I think that family was the same one's from the "Duck and cover" movies. I think the A Bomb movies of the houses blowing up in the AZ desert finally took them out. Thanks for the memories!
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote