Thread: GVWR vs GAWR
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2021, 06:20 PM   #7
malcod

[QUOTE=markcee;443468]From TFLtruck.com:

It's because there could be cases when an axle might be overloaded, but the total weight of a loaded truck is still less than the GVWR. For example, a diesel HD truck with a snow plow on the front may approach the front GAWR, but still be nowhere near the GVWR. Same thing with a truck with a bed full of rock.

So it basically allows for load variances. You still can't load up both to max or you will bust GVWR.[/QUOTE

I don't know except in Province of Saskatchewan, the Gov't oversees the highways and the weigh scale;, the GVWR (ie in the case of an accident will investigate whether a vehicle was over weight and did that cause an accident; issue the licence and insure the vehicle.

In short GVWR means the max weight the vehicle can be to operate satisfactorly. I doubt you can weigh up the front axle and exceed GVWR, but you certainly can load up the rear axle and exceed the GVWR. I know the rear GAWR is the max the axle can manage, but why have it stated so that yhe one contradictes the other? "Can't suck and blow at the same time!"
malcod is offline   Reply With Quote