View Single Post
Old 04-21-2021, 09:36 AM   #34
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfp673 View Post
I'm always surprised on these threads how many excuses I read. The answer is because these trailers are junk. Keystone (and most other manufacturers) crank them out with little to no true QC, the cheapest materials available, and as fast as possible. Some replies about sitting in the trailer to see how much bouncing around occurs implies that is not what it was built for. That is literally what this thing is. Imagine buying a water jug that leaks in 5 places and arguing "but look how much water you're putting in that thing!" I am super hopeful the industry will turn a corner some day but I don't see it happening. Yes, that means increased prices but right now the majority of RV's are junk. Sorry for the harsh reply but I feel it's the only real answer. We buy them and have to be prepared to deal with non-stop repairs.

The highlighted statements above would be incorrect IMO. I'm sure they are a result of your personal issues with your trailer but in no way reflect the experiences I've had over several trailers......but then again I don't count every little "uh oh" that happens because I KNOW they're going to happen. Doesn't make the trailer junk, it makes it an RV.

What you consider "excuses" are in fact folks trying to tell those that don't know the true landscape of the RV industry. Not excuses, just reality. And the reality is that with the current production environment those issues can and will makes themselves known....so be prepared to deal with it.

Talking about sitting inside a 2 wheel trailer to see what bounces and "that's what it was built for".....you should try it sometime. They do a great job of trying to secure and hold things down in a smaller trailer but the reality is that the small trailer, with a single axle and 2 tires pressured up to carry the load WILL hop and jump around when pulled over road irregularities. They can't build a trailer light enough to be towed behind a Prius and then one expect that it's going to be built like, and hold together like, an Abrams tank. That's just not realistic.

In the end the RV industry builds to what the buying public demands and what they are putting out seems to be wildly popular. Judging from my participation on several RV forums I would say the few folks that have the same issues as you are far, far, far outweighed by those that are using their RVs and having a blast and accepting they issues they have then deal with them....as I do.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote