View Single Post
Old 05-17-2020, 01:08 PM   #9
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by NH_Bulldog View Post
Keep in mind that heat resistant does not mean flame proof. Anything you spray on the grates will burn off and fill your camper with toxic fumes. I would either go the “scraping on the driveway route“ or just replace the grates to the newer style.
Totally agree !!! My DW ordered one of those new "stovetop mats" that's custom cut to fit our stovetop. It's "advertised" as heat resistant to 550F. Well, it came UPS, she took it out of the package, put it under the grates around the burners. Looked "super great" nice and clean, no scratches visible: yada yada yada… Then she boiled a teapot of water, turned off the burner and that "heat resistant mat" was scorched, melted and looked like crap !!! Needless to say, I was smiling from ear to ear because I'd told her before she ordered it, "Honey, that's just a grill mat and you know how they don't last through one grilling before they're melted and we throw them away".....

Guess what: She took photos, demanded a refund and we're back to her complaining about the scratches around her burners.....

Long story, I know, but I'd guess "heat resistant paint" would last about as long as a "heat resistant stovetop mat".... Then add the toxic fumes from burning

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote