View Single Post
Old 11-15-2019, 09:05 AM   #50
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by foldbak View Post
Sourdough I wouldn't say 40K is peanuts. Quite frankly I would have paid 60K for a trailer that was built to quality standards. All said and done, new trailer and tow vehicle 100K I could have bought a Class A that would have lasted the rest of my life.

It's sad to think that people are ok spending this kind of money for what's ultimately a disposable toy.
I'm not trying to trivialize the situation; just trying to be realistic. 40k is a lot of money for a toy, and that is what an RV is...certainly not an "investment" in the ordinary sense. In the realm of important, big expenses I think 40k for a trailer that some want to last a "lifetime" is, in reality, cheap.

100k for a truck and trailer isn't really a good comparison; at least not to me. I would have the truck anyway so that part wouldn't matter. 100k for a Class A that lasts a lifetime? I need to know where that is. We were set on buying a Class A when we retired almost 14 years ago. In fact had it lined up...but it wasn't 100k. 429k as I recall and I still had concerns about it. After putting my pros/cons list together as we were about to pull the trigger reality kicked in when the cons outnumbered the pros 3 to 1. Bought another TT and have been happy since.

To me, worrying about quality AFTER you've made the purchase is counterproductive and only makes one miserable. I've determined (found) that it's better to just take it as it comes in stride and do what you can to correct whatever it is because the RV world is what it is; that coming from a guy that is a WAY big type A person and will rail against the wind about many things....but the RV, the RV has taught me that is a losing game. I wish you well in getting things like you want.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote