View Single Post
Old 11-14-2019, 08:56 AM   #46
foldbak

Angry

Well...it continues. I took my trailer to the dealer to have the annual roof service done. $400 a year to maintain the roof warranty. They performed the process of washing the roof, resealing the dicore joints and brushed on the UV protectant. Then called me to tell me that the sealant was badly cracked and took two additional tubes a 1/2 hour more labor. Total additional cost $100. $160 an hour labor?

I arrived to pick up the trailer and got on the roof to inspect it. I noticed two white blobs of dicore. I asked the service writer what was up and he replied "oh they found that two of the staples were backing out so they sealed the top of them. And you're just now telling me this? Don't you think this would have been an immediate phone call? My trailers under warranty. Is this covered? "I dont think they cover that".

I got off the roof and asked him so this is it? This is all you got for me? I then asked for the general manager. The trailer was purchased in November 2017. I bought the extended warranty. One main selling point was the roof warranty. As it turns out the roof warranty only covers the roof membrane. The structural warranty (which runs out in November 2020) might cover the staples backing out.

After doing some research I discovered that this is a common problem. Roof staples backing out and popping through the roof material. @ Keystone (Don't you think screws would make more sense?)

The GM looked at my file and found pictures the the tech took of the staples and said she would have the service manager submit a warranty claim. I told them I wont accept and cut and patch job. The service manger told me that they have a claim in for a 5W for the same problem.

This trailers been at the dealer more then its been at home. I have a brand new cover that's never been on it because it's hasn't been here long enough to warrant covering.
foldbak is offline   Reply With Quote