View Single Post
Old 10-09-2018, 05:45 PM   #31
chuckster57
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.LeeNick View Post
I think the major problem is that Keystone cannot keep a handle on their dealers, who do not follow any standards when it comes to warranty service and repair.

Perhaps Keystone should be a bit more selective of who sells their product, so that only those capable of doing good service work remain.

Of course, that would cut into sales. And Keystones major focus is selling new RVs.

Factory doesn’t pick the dealer. Dealers pick the line they want to sell. As long as it doesn’t infringe on another dealers “territory” I see quality issues across the board from 15,000 entry level to 400,000.00 motorhomes. Factories can’t keep up with demand. I’ve said it many times and I’ll say it again. It’s all about how the dealer addresses the issues that they can BEFORE delivery.

With that the other issue is finding/keeping qualified competent techs. These darn things are getting more complicated by the week and we don’t get any notice of changes. Factories change the warranty process and just deny to deny. The dealer can’t just “eat the cost” and expect to stay in business. Warranty labor rates and time allotted is set by the factory NOT the dealer. Can’t keep going over and expect to stay in business. I could go on but I’m home for the evening and I want to relax. I’d be more than happy to discuss this more with anybody via PM.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote