View Single Post
Old 06-04-2018, 10:14 AM   #87
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellysingleton View Post
Last year I purchased a brand new 2017 Hideout after searching all of the ads for used TT's and found that my money was better spent on a new one...just like you. My husband (who does NOT camp with us) and I spent a whole day looking at the dealer. I started out with 10 that I liked and my decision came down to between my Hideout and a Coachman. Both had the same amenities and I just thought the Hideout quality looked better.

After purchasing, we went out to pick it up and had our (my son-in-law and I) "schooling" on how everything works. My advice is stay tuned to this forum because I could never in a million years remember everything about my TT I learned in that hour and the manuals are no real help. Everyone on this forum is fantastic and very helpful!

I did find a couple of real stupid warranty issues that were taken care of at the dealer when I took it in for winterization. Things that should never have happened at the factory such as: the wires were crossed on the fresh/grey & black water tanks so the "meters" didn't read right. I always had the same amount of fresh water as grey and my black always showed "L". Another issue I had was when something was plugged into the USB port in the entertainment center, it would interfere with the electronics. We would lose the radio and/or the TV (which we hardly use except if there is a race on) would be fuzzy or would freeze.

Another thing that is not covered in the manual is that the GFCI breaker in the bathroom controls most of your electrical outlets, not a breaker like you would think. My GFCI in the bathroom blew on my second trip out (just my mom and I) and it took me almost one full day and a post on this forum to figure it out. Thank goodness we did, because it also controlled the lights in the bedroom!

You have made a great investment. The resale value on ANY TT is great (as you probably figured out in your search of used TT's). But how can you put a monetary value on the priceless moments you will spend with your family in the years to come! You won't regret it!
There are for certain 2 items in all rvs that are all but worthless;
#1 the manuals, they are a generic set that are in all rvs, of very little use to anyone let alone helping out a newbie.
#2 the holding tank sensors , they are so inaccurate (with 1 or 2 exceptions on this forum) that I don't ever look at them & would never count on them to tell me anything concerning tank levels.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote