View Single Post
Old 06-03-2018, 07:59 AM   #52
pitman44

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoster View Post
This is great news - thanks everyone. Really appreciate it, seriously. My wife was getting quite frustrated with my 'sour mood' this afternoon so she sends her thanks as well lol.

That's buyer's remorse, Yoster. It's the crash that comes after the endorphin release that everyone gets when they spend a lot of money on something. Not everyone crashes into remorse tho. In any case I think it helps knowing that what you're currently feeling is just a part of your body chemistry.

I suggest you take that picture of your daughters on their bunk bed and keep it prominently displayed in your car/truck, at work and several places at home. You're young and have a beautiful family with those girls. You are going to build memories for yourself, your wife and your daughters. These are links you need to have a relationship with your daughters through the "trouble" years to come.

There will likely come a time when they think you are one of the dumbest, most obnoxious people on earth. At least that's how they'll make you feel, but deep down they'll have those memories of the good times, those things that are funny now (but may not have been then) and they will know you love them. One day they'll come back to earth and be great children again in part because of those memories.

The $20k you spent will seem like a pittance compared to the value you'll get from the time you'll spend with your family.

BTW, don't sweat the small stuff. Stuff will break. You'll do something stupid and be pissed with yourself. How you handle it will also help your daughters learn how to handle problems in their lives. At 66 I paid the price, built those memories and have two great adult children. Enjoy your time with them. This part passes all too quickly.
pitman44 is offline   Reply With Quote