View Single Post
Old 05-31-2018, 11:32 AM   #38
yoster

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
Just curious... why do you question the purchase now? Was it a case of ready, fire. aim? Or did something happen after your purchase? Seriously, the statement "Can anyone share any redeeming qualities " is very harsh and sounds like there was a major issue, which if there was should be handled under warranty. Just curious.
I hope you enjoy your new purchase.
Two answers to this
1) Upon getting home, I found a near identical model, but a 2015, for 14k on Craigslist. I found another older one (but looked very nice - down the street) going for 11k.

2) Regarding the harsh comment - this was simply my reaction to what I was reading online. Comment wasn't in relation to MY trailer (I don't even get to pick it up until the 11th!) It's just that.. you don't feel good when you make a big (to me) purchase, then get home and find youtube videos, facebook pages, etc about "Warning to consumers about Keystone products." Including youtube reviews from owners just going off on the things. Being totally new to this, my first reaction was, "Oh crap did I just buy the single worst brand I could possibly buy?" The google reviews of they keystone company itself are also incredibly low.

My concerns about #2 are now gone - and your replies helped a lot with that! I also found out that my parents trailer (a 2001 they bought used about 5 years ago.. and they use it a LOT for extended durations) is also a Keystone. They've had very little problems with theirs - and it's over 15 years old.

#1 - Ya if I could do it all again I still might go used - I've always had great success w/used and have saved thousands of dollars in the past on that. I also found aftermarket extended warranties on trailers for like 1500 bucks. 11k trailer + 1,500 extended warranty (that covers pretty much everything) - Golden!

But #1 is in the past now too - time to march on with a new trailer
yoster is offline   Reply With Quote