View Single Post
Old 05-28-2018, 07:05 PM   #1
yoster

Just bought a Hideout - help me stop from feeling sick

Hello,

New member here. Just bought a 2018 Hideout 26LHSWE. Was on "sale" for 18,999. Kids loved the bunkbeds.

My wife and I looked hard at used TT's, but couldn't find something we liked. We wanted to stay in the 10k range.. but decided it would be a better investment (not a REAL 'investment'.. you know what I'm trying to say..) to go with a new one without any hidden problems as this was to be our new "family thing" (we have two daughters - a 5 and 7 year old.)

I noticed when purchasing that materials were on the cheaper side, but didn't think much about it. Upon getting home however, I'm seeing a *LOT* of horror stories about keystone. I didn't think much about it while shopping - we looked at Starcraft and Jayco as well and I could have sworn they were all identical - well they looked like it anyway. I figured they were all built in the same place and equally 'good' quality.

Anyway, I now feel sick. We've never bought ANYTHING new before, so this was a big deal for us. We were hoping since we got it relatively 'cheap' that the depreciation hit wouldn't be as bad, and we'd enjoy a nice new trailer.

Can anyone share any redeeming qualities of this trailer to help ease my nerves? Anyone own a hideout that really really likes it and thinks it was a good purchase decision?

Here are some pics of the kiddo's in front of it - they were sure excited!

yoster is offline   Reply With Quote